Master of Science in Population Health and Doctorate in Philosophy in Population Health) are academic graduate degrees and require a thesis for the master’s degree or a dissertation for the doctorate degree. The following listing is not exhaustive of all the possible opportunities/options:
Master of Science in Population Health – Here is a sampling of past thesis topics:
- Marital Status, Marital Quality and Health and Well-Being in Cancer Survivors: A Proposal for a Master’s Thesis Project
- Determination of optimal cut points for anthropometric indexes of obesity to identify individuals at high risk of coronary heart disease in a sample of Latin American populations.
- Physician Self -Assessment of Medical Error: Variation In and Predictors of Future Error in Primary Care
- Evaluating Disparities in the Clinical Trial Participation of Adult Cancer Patients
- Estimating the Risk of Alcohol Exposed Pregnancy in 18-44 year old women
- Effect of Vitamin D and Vitamin D Processing Genes with Blood Pressure in Hispanic and African Americans: the IRAS Family Study
- Condom Use in Heavy-Drinking College Students
- Estimating the frequency and distribution of child disability in developing countries: data from UNICEF’s Multiple Indicator Cluster Survey, Round 3 (MICS3)
- Modeling Probability of Falls in Nursing Home Residents
- Predictors of Early Hospital Readmission after Colon Cancer Surgery
Doctorate in Philosophy in Population Health – Here is a sampling of past dissertation topics:
- A Framework for Conceptualizing and Measuring Health Inequality Sensitive to Relative Moral and Quantitative Concerns
- Out-of-pocket Price, Prescription Medications, and Seniors
- The Economic Burden of HPV-Related Disease in U.S. Health Plans
- Quantifying the Benefits and Risks of Mammography for Women, Researchers and Policy Makers
- Access to level I or II trauma center and traffic related injury outcomes
- Epidemiology of Bone Mineral Density in Pre-menopausal Women with Type I Diabetes: The Wisconsin Women and Diabetes Study
- Acculturation and Risk of Alcohol and Tobacco Use among Pregnant Latina-American Women
- Psychopharmacological demand curve analysis: methods and applications to alcohol use in college students
- Public Awareness and Perceptions of Health Disparities
- Nutrition, Mental Health, and Quality of Life of Palestinian Preschoolers: Resilience and Vulnerability
Master of Science in Epidemiology – Here is a sampling of past dissertation topics:
- Tumor marker influence on Prognostic Pathologic factors for ductal carcinoma in situ of the the breast.
- Predictors of Carotid Artery Intima-Media Thickness and Carotid Plaque Score Progression over a decade: The Multiethnic Study of Artheroscleosis.
- Prevalence and Incidence of Candida Colonization and Co-Colonization.
- Does including HIV screening on an annual resident chart review increase screening rates among internal medicine trainees in a low prevalence, outpatient setting?
Doctorate in Philosophy in Epidemiology – Here is a sampling of past dissertation topics:
- Climate Change Impacts on Population Health: Modeling Exposures to Heat and Air Pollution.
- Hypertension: Drug side effect, treatment adherence, and treatment effects on arterial stiffness.