Credentials: MD, MPH
Position title: Assistant Professor (CHS) of Population Health Sciences, Associate Director, Preventive Medicine Residency Program
Phone: (608) 263-2870
Room 4262 Health Sciences Learning Center
750 Highland Avenue
Madison, WI 53705
Parvathy Pillai began her position in the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health in June 2013, and serves as Associate Director of the Preventive Medicine Residency Program while supporting medical student education in the Department of Population Health Sciences.
She received her MD from Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and her MPH from the University of Michigan. She completed training in pediatrics and pediatric infectious diseases; and is also board certified in public health and general preventive medicine. She completed a two-year CDC Epidemic Intelligence Service (EIS) program assignment. Following this, she completed a post-EIS practicum to bridge healthcare and public health while assigned to the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
- Course coordinator/Assistant Course Director Population Health Sciences 717: Principles of Population Medicine and Epidemiology (2013)
- Plenary Session Presenter, “Population Health and the Role of Physicians” for Population Health Sciences 717: Principles of Population Medicine and Epidemiology (December 2013)
- Small group facilitator for Population Health Sciences 717: Principles of Population Medicine and Epidemiology (2013)
- Co-Course Director for Population Health Sciences 650-070 Public Health Project Toolkit—Project Planning and Implementation, Public Health Field Course (2014)
- Discussion section leader for Population Health Sciences 370: Introduction to Public Health: Local to Global Perspectives (2014)
- American College of Preventive Medicine